Thursday 20 November 2014

December Documented cover, supplies and a few ramblings :)

Good morning all !  I hope you are having a lovely morning so far (or whatever time of day it is where you are :) :).  As I mentioned on Sunday, we had the first snow fall... it was pretty ... it turned ugly LOL.  This week has been brutal.  We have had high winds, actually warnings on Monday and Tuesday (gusts hitting 90 km), below freezing temperatures (and with that wind, the feel was even worse).  The snow turned to ice and therefore my "walking like a penguin" season has started.  Not a happy camper!  It is a little too early. Thankfully, they are announcing a return to normalcy next week so that we should get a little reprieve before the "real" winter starts.

So, let's talk December Documented... that is what I will be calling my project this year.  Many of you are more familiar with, or are doing, a December Daily but I don't think I will be able to record something every single day since there are days that all I will be doing is work (it is the very busy season for us), or where there is nothing special going on ...

I want to focus on traditions, memories, activities (baking, Christmas shopping, decorations ....) so some days there may be "nothing to report" whereas others there may be 2 or 3 pages worth.  There will be fun little tidbits - our local garden center has a beautiful Christmas boutique and outside they have an "Elf crossing" which I think is just too cute so that will be in the album.  My mom is 86 years old and still going pretty strong but I don't know how many more Christmasses we will be lucky enough to have her so that will be in the book.  Muffins and martinis will be in the book, pretty snow, and grumlings about snow will be in the book, prayers and thanks will be in the book, the fur-kids will be in the book, presents will be in the book, movies too.... You get the picture.

I will blog about the whole experience on a regular basis, since it is my first December Documented.  Please share if you are doing a December Daily, December documented, 25 Memories or whatever else you may be doing at this time of the year !!

It does not have to be an expensive project - so far I have not bought one single thing.  I had a 6 X 8 Bo Bunny Misc Me album in my stash together with enough page protectors (I think anyway LOL).  I had two perfect-for-the-occasion 6 X 6 paper pads from 2012 :


and then I shopped my stash for alphas, buttons, washi, enamel dots, stickles, punches, ribbons and twine ....




 And I decorated the album cover ... just to get things rolling.  It is a fairly simple decoration but I like the outcome.  It is not at all what I had in mind when I was thinking about the front cover but my heart and hands just made this LOL .... and I love it: 


So there you have .... LET DECEMBER DOCUMENTED BEGIN!  YAY.

Now for a few news items :  There is a DD inspiration group that is the brainchild of my friend Susan Hiles.  And there is so much going on ... challenges, inspiration, motivation etc...  There are two ways to finds us.  The main focus will be You Tube - so go on over and subscribe to Sue's channel if you haven't already (she is shiles728 on You Tube).  She already has a few videos up and each one has links to other group members, so it is like a treasure hunt LOL.  Sue also has a challenge going, until Nov. 29th for your DD cover.  Secondly, we have formed a Facebook group called December Daily Inspiration Group - Anything goes.  Come on over and join in the fun!!

So that about does it for me today LOL... True to my title, including the ramblings :)
Thanks for stopping by and spending some of your precious time with me today.  I will be back soon with more.

8 comments:

  1. I do not do a DD but a Holiday Documented. I call it holiday and not Dec. as the holiday starts in Nov. This Friday is our tree light up in the centre of town. The stores are decorated. We have one store with 26 different themed trees that I love to put in my book. I do not document daily, nothing happening a lot of days. We are not even having Xmas on the 25th. My husband and oldest son both work that day. Some years we have had Xmas dinner on New Years. I do not number, I just enjoy moments of the season. I love your cover and glad you found a way to document your season. Hope to see more of your DD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree with you more Melinda!!! I do not number either. There are years that we have our Xmas dinner on boxing day, and last year we did our New Years Eve on the second because I had worked on the Eve and fell asleep in my soup LOL. thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. I just love all that yumminess you found in your stash Moira! Isn't it amazing what we find when we really look! Lol! Your cover is gorgeous, very vintage looking and I love that look. I look forward to seeing more. I have entered your name in the challenge. Thank you for all you do for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comment Sue, as always :) :). My pleasure to be participating in this fun project

      Delete
  3. I love your cover Moira. Your stash of goodies looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Roz and for your lovely comment :)

      Delete
  4. love what you did with your cover. totally getting me in the mood for christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for getting into the Christmas mood LOL. Thanks for stopping by Akilli :)

    ReplyDelete