Saturday 29 November 2014

11th and final layout with the Scraptastic August Boys of Summer Kit :) :)

Good morning and happy Saturday to you all!  I hope you are having a great day so far!!  I have a fair amount on my plate today - making bread (well OK, the machine makes it but still ... LOL), making chili,  getting some December Documented stuff done, planning out the layouts than I will make to give as Christmas gifts (more about that in another post); and tonight is my work Christmas party!

So I thought I would quickly pop in and post my last layout with the Boys of Summer kit. Remember when I posted the first layout and I was a little afraid that I would have trouble with this kit since it was so "little boy" specific?... Well, I guess I got over that LOL.  I am so happy that I really got a lot out of this kit and was able to adapt many of the die-cuts.

Without further ado: 


See what I mean about adapting the die-cuts!!!  If you are thinking "that die-cut has nothing whatsoever to do with that page" ... you are right LOL.  But I decided to use it simply because the critter is making the same goofy face I am on the photo and his arms are spread out like mine!  Reason enough I say, plus the colours match!

The supplies:  I was really down to scraps for this layout.  The background cardstock is from my stash as I did not have a single piece of 12X12, cardstock or paper, left.  
  • The burlap stickers were left over from the Either Way kit, as were a couple of the other stickers
  • I am not sure if the hello wood veneer was from this kit or a left over from another, but the spread you wings was from my stash
  • The little gold circular pieces were left over from those totally yummy gold thickers we got with the Either Way kit
  • I used Glimmer Mist on the corners
The story:  There is no real story to this one. It is an everyday photo from my year-long backpacking trip to Europe.  I spent two weeks in Sevilla, Spain in November of 2005 and loved every minute of it.  I have shared quite a few pages from this portion of the trip already.  On this photo, I simply wanted to show the size of the tree.  If you know me a little, you know I am a nature lover and yes I admit, somewhat of a tree-hugger ;).  This tree was not in a park or anything;  just there along a wide-alley walkway, in the center of town.  The only other place I have seen trees this size was in the California Redwoods area!!!

So there you have it, just a quick visit from me today... For once, I am sparing you from my usual ramblings LOL, but never fear, it is a short respite.  I will be back, ramblings and all shortly; maybe even tomorrow if I can get my DD act together.  

Thanks for stopping by as always and have a wonderful scrap-filled day.  Hugs xo


4 comments:

  1. Awesome layout Moira! I love how you made the kit work for your photo and your layering is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Melissa!!! It was a silly idea, but then I actually like the result LOL. :)

      Delete
  2. WOUW!!! It's been a while I'v been here & don't have the time to read it al. But I love to see all your projects Moira; I really do!! & I see you are going to make a december Daily I look forward to see how yours turns out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellen !! I hope you are well... you have been so busy with your studies this year ... so little crafty time. I hope next year is better for you LOL. Yes I am doing a DD for the first time this year but I am calling it a December Documented because I doubt that I will be able, or have enough that I want to record, to do it every day LOL. I will be posting my progress on the blog. Hugs my friend xoxo

      Delete