Saturday 25 October 2014

Visions of birds & squirrels & butterflies - Layout No. 4 with the August Scraptastic Kit (Boys of Summer)

Hello there and happy Saturday!  I hope you are all well and having a lovely start to the weekend?  What are you up to this weekend?  Any scrappy plans?.  I missed posting on Thursday; I am pretty laid up with an awful flu bug (figured I would get it out of the way before the holidays LOL), so pretty much spent the day in bed with tea, soup and You Tube.  All of my weekend plans are cancelled and I will hopefully be doing a little scrapping between naps and soup.  The upside is that I get to watch such great process videos on You Tube and catch up with you all! Also, Jamie Oliver just posted a bunch of videos on his Food Tube channel, so if by some stretch of the imagination, I run out of process videos, I have a Plan B.

I am here to share the fourth layout I made with my Boys of Summer kit from Scraptastic. We are back in the country, with the kitties - Chopin and Sophie :


The inspiration for the basic set-up of this page came from Jen Schow's second process video on You Tube (Jen just recently started making videos, but is a total natural and her pages are awesome - go check her out !!).  the wide polka dot paper strip and the two narrower strips at the bottom, as well as the photo placement are pretty much scraplifted from her.  Then, I think I went my own way ....

The supplies : All of the paper, the cardstock, stickers and die-cuts come from the kit or its add-on.  The items pulled from my stash add-on are :

  • I am having quite a bit of fun lately making up long (and I think clever LOL) titles. This layout is no exception.  I used alphas from the Simple Stories sn@p collection, Jillibean Soup alphabeans in tart teal, October afternoon sticky keys in peacock blue and Jillibean soup mini markets in pine cone.
  • The bird wood veneers are from my stash and I am not quite sure who they are from.  They are not from Studio Calico but I have all my bird wood veneer together in a jar with the SC pack. I think they are either from Citrus Twist or were in a RAK I got from Nancy Sinclair last year (kittyscrapper on You Tube).
The story:  In the country, there is a large, very old style, bay window in the dining room (so terribly drafty in the winter LOL).  It has an extra large ledge and is just the perfect place for the kitties to watch the world go by.  And it is perfectly set up for them.  Just outside that window, there are a few bird feeders, a small ornamental garden, and a few trees, a couple of which are a little poorly.  So there there is a never ending stream of birds of all sorts, including woodpeckers pecking away at the trees that are sickly, butterflies, bees, squirrels and chipmunks (stealing all the pine cones).  They often spend time sitting in that window, watching, and chattering away together, and at all the critters.  It also makes for a great sunning spot in the afternoons.

So there you have it - I leave you with  visions of birds & squirrels & butterflies; or if you prefer chocolate and fudge LOL.  Have a lovely day and I will be back tomorrow with my layout in response to a challenge from Jen Box, who has reached over 500 subbies on You tube (I will tell you more about her and her lovely pages tomorrow).  Til then, be well and be happy.  Hugs xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment