Saturday 22 March 2014

Well, hello there and welcome !!  It is the 22nd of March and we are in the midst of yet another winter snowstorm here in southern Quebec.  I have so had it with winter.  Oh, I had already mentioned that?  Yup, I have been over winter for awhile now.  I am staying in today and trying not to look out at the weather.  So I will watch a little tennis (it is the Sony Open in Miami, a Masters tournament and Canada's Milos Raonic is playing later this afternoon).  I will watch while crafting ...

I wanted to tell you about a fun Facebook group that I belong to, called Will Craft for Supplies.  The premise is that we put money in our piggy bank (virtually or really) for each completed project and that becomes our scrappy supply budget.  Gets us using our stuff.  But the group is so much more than that.  We post our layouts and encourage one another, find awesome inspiration in each others' projects, have fun little challenges and do the occasional swap (we did a really great Secret Santa swap for Christmas).  But we also have a really fun monthly Day in the Life.  On the 25th of each month, we take photos all day, documenting our everyday and post them either on IG or on the FB group, or both.  Keeping the same date every month makes for great variety - sometimes it falls on a weekend, sometime a weekday or even on Christmas LOL. We then prepare a project - either a PL type spread, or a page or two.  Here is a look at my 12 X 12 PL style spread for January - it is really a cross between a montage, collage, and PL page  :



What a fun album I will have at the end of the year - a great glimpse of my year.  If you are a crafter, why not hop over the the group and join us.  If you want to see a Day in the Life in action, check out #wcfsditl over on Instagram.  Have a great Saturday 

No comments:

Post a Comment