Sunday 17 February 2013

Well hello there and welcome !  I am trying to get into a rythm for posting.  I am off on Thursdays and weekends so will try to post regularly on Thursdays and Saturdays.  But I got lucky today and was able to work only a half day, so here I am.  I will start today's post by telling you about the cozy mystery I am currently reading, then go on to chatting about the tennis Davis Cup and I'll round it off with some more scrapbooking talk.

I am a mystery buff when it comes to reading.  My favourite genre is the cozy mystery (no blood and gore for me thanks :)).  I have discovered a great new series by Lucy Arlington.  I have had the first installment, Buried in a Book, in my to-be-read (TBR) pile for quite a while now and only picked it up on the weekend.  What a great discovery.  It is set in a Literary Agency and although I have no experience with such agencies, it sounds very realistic to me.  The characters are enchanting and the plot intriguing.  I am about a third of the way through and am enjoying it tremendously.  Try it out if you enjoy cozies.  You won't be disappointed.

Well now, I am a proud Canadian indeed this week.  The Canadian Davis Cup tennis team, lead by our now top 15 player, Milos Raonic, made it to the quarter finals this weekend by winning against Spain.  A truly historical moment for Canadian tennis.  Of course, we all expected Milos to win his match but then Frank Dancevic played the game of his still young career on Friday afternoon.  It was lovely to watch.  Milos came back to win his game on Sunday and there you have it.  Canada in the quarters against Italy !!!  So that means that we actually have a chance to make it to the semis, particularly since the matches will be played in Canada ... the home advantage and all that.  I'll keep you posted.

With the weather outside so frightful (LOL)... I have had a lot of indoor time, and therefore scrappy time.  Yay !  I guess there is a silver lining to winter after all !!  Like many after the holidays, my budget for fun stuff is a little limited so I have been stash busting.  I thought I would introduce you to Chopin, my sweet-tempered and lovable cat, by way of a layout I did as part of my JYC album (Journal Your Christmas, over at www.shimelle.com).  The picture itself is not the greatest but I wanted to tell the story and include my cat in my album as he is such a part of my life :)






I used a Christmas collection from MME that I have had for at least 3 years but still love.  I also used my Snowflake dies from Spellbinders.  I want to include them on each page of that album for a little continuity.  As always, I added a few Bo bunny jewels (they are my absolute favourite).  The letter stickers are from Bella Blvd Sophisticates and October afternoon mini markets.  Thanks for looking !


No comments:

Post a Comment